CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE RECIPE AS A PDF
FOR THE SALAD
360g fresh broad beans (shelled weight)
100g Greek feta
160g fresh garden peas (shelled weight)
40g fresh mint leaves
60g baby spinach leaves
FOR THE DRESSING
8ml white wine vinegar
20ml olive oil
1g sea salt
2g freshly ground black pepper
FOR THE LEMONADE
3 fresh lemons
60g caster sugar
750ml still or sparking water
4 large (or 8 small) fresh mint leaves
PREPARE THE LEMONADE
1. Wash the lemons and chop them roughly.
2. Put the lemons, sugar and water in to a liquidiser and blitz until smooth. If you don’t have a liquidiser, you can juice the lemons by hand and stir the ingredients together.
3. Strain the lemonade through a fine sieve to remove any pips.
4. Tear the mint into sprigs.
PREPARE THE DRESSING
1. Mix together the vinegar and olive oil, then season with the salt and pepper.
PREPARE THE SALAD
1. Put the broad beans in boiling water for 3-4 minutes and cook until tender.
2. Submerge the beans in cold water and then peel off the outer case, so you are left with the edible bean inside.
3. Plunge the peas into boiling water and then run them under cold water.
4. Cut the feta cheese into small cubes.
5. Wash and drain the spinach leaves, watercress and mint.
6. Tear the mint leaves into smaller pieces.
Mix the ingredients together and drizzle over the dressing. Using a spoon, gently stir the dressing through the salad, taking care not to bruise the leaves. This salad looks great served on a large board or plate so everyone can help themselves. Pour the lemonade over ice and garnish with mint.