CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE RECIPE AS A PDF
400g salmon fillet
80ml white wine
75g diced onions
8g chopped dill
4 large/800g potatoes
2g fish bouillon
40ml vegetable oil
2 large/400g courgettes
Juice of a lemon
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
PREPARE THE FISHCAKES
1. Preheat the oven to 150°C and line a roasting tin with foil.
2. Peel the potatoes and cook until soft; take care not to over cook as they will take on too much water which will make the fishcakes difficult to shape.
3. Mash the potatoes and add 75g of the butter.
4. Lay the salmon in the roasting tin with the diced onions, half the dill and half the white wine. Cook in the oven for 15 minutes until lightly cooked.
5. Strain off any liquid from the salmon into a small pan and reduce it down until you have a dessert spoon full.
6. Add the reduced liquid and the salmon to the potato and season with the salt and pepper. Mix lightly, being careful
to leave some of the fish in chunks. Shape the mixture into even-sized fishcakes and put in the fridge to chill.
7. Crack the egg into a bowl, whisk and add the milk. Put the flour and breadcrumbs into two separate bowls ready to coat the fishcakes.
8. Toss the fishcakes in the flour (shaking off any excess), then dip the fishcakes into the egg (making sure to completely submerge them) before burying them in the breadcrumbs to coat them all over.
9. If you have a deep fryer heat the oil to 170°C and deep fry the fishcakes before draining them and keeping them warm.
Chef ’s tip — for a healthier option, gently fry the fishcakes in 10ml of oil and finish under the grill.
PREPARE THE DILL SAUCE
1. Add the bouillon to 60ml of water, add the remaining white wine and reduce by half, then add the cream and reduce until it has a sauce consistency.
2. Keep the sauce on a very low simmer and add the remaining 25g of butter, 5g at a time, and stir into the sauce. Finally, add the remaining dill.
PREPARE THE LEMON COURGETTES
1. Slice the courgettes evenly and gently steam or boil them for about a minute, making sure they remain crisp.
2. Add the lemon juice to the courgettes and toss them gently.
Place the fishcakes and courgettes on to a warmed plate and drizzle over the dill sauce.