CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE RECIPE AS A PDF
4 Cumberland sausage rings
720g King Edward potatoes
120g curly kale
20ml double cream
2tsp rapeseed oil
22g gravy powder
Salt and pepper to taste
FOR THE SAUSAGES
1. Heat the oven to 375°F/190°C/Gas mark 5.
2. Put the sausage curls out in a roasting tin and cook for
approximately 20 mins, turning them halfway through the cooking time.
FOR THE CURLY KALE MASH
1. Peel the potatoes and cut in to even-sized pieces.
2. Bring a pan of water to the boil and add the potatoes, cooking until tender.
3. Drain the potatoes.
4. While the potatoes are cooking, finely shred the kale.
5. Cook the kale in boiling water for approximately two minutes or until tender.
6. Drain the kale well.
7. Mash the potatoes. Season with salt and pepper to taste and then add the margarine and cream.
8. Add the kale to the potatoes and mix thoroughly.
FOR THE RICH ONION GRAVY
1. Peel and slice the onions to a medium thickness.
2. Fry the onions gently until soft and golden.
3. Make up the gravy and add the onions.
4. Bring the onions in gravy to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
Place a round of curly kale mash on a plate and then lean a
Cumberland curl against it. Pour some onion gravy around the mash and
sausage and let the delicious aroma call your guests to the table.