CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE RECIPE AS A PDF
Rapeseed oil for deep frying
100g plain flour
FOR THE BATTER MIX
200g self-raising flour
350ml sparkling water (chilled)
2tsp ground cumin
2tsp ground coriander
2tsp garam masala
½ tsp chilli powder
2-3 tsp madras curry powder
2tsp ground ginger
½ tsp cracked black pepper
200g mango chutney
10g fresh coriander
1. Cut the cauliflower into bite-size florets.
2. Blanch the cauliflower florets for two minutes.
3. Refresh the cauliflower by running it under cold water and then put it to one side.
4. Put all of the dry batter ingredients into a bowl and then
add the cold sparkling water; whisk until the mixture is the thickness
of double cream (don’t over whisk).
5. Heat the oil to 180°C.
6. Dip the cauliflower pieces into the flour and shake off any excess.
7. Dip the cauliflower florets in to the batter mix and then
deep fry the coated florets until they are golden brown in colour. Drain
off any extra oil.
Serve straight away with a garnish of chopped coriander and a side of mango chutney dip.