CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE RECIPE AS A PDF
6 soft-boiled quail’s eggs
200g new potatoes
5g chopped mint
30g defrosted frozen peas
50g curly endive
1 spring onion
50g Lancashire cheese
75g sundried tomatoes
20g defrosted soya beans
40g runner beans
60ml white wine and mustard dressing
Splash of oil
Salt and pepper to season
1. Cook the potatoes in boiling water for a few minutes until slightly firm.
2. While the potatoes are boiling, peel the ends off the runner beans and slice at an angle into 2cm pieces.
3. Cook the runner beans in boiling water for four minutes, then rinse under running cold water.
4. Cut the spring onions at an angle into thin slices.
5. Pick the endive from the stalk and wash alongside the rocket and watercress.
6. Drain the potatoes, rinse under cold water, then cut into 1cm slices.
7. Heat oil in a frying pan and fry the potato slices on each side until golden brown. Remove from the heat and place to one side.
8. Place the runner beans, peas, soya beans, mint and spring onion in a large serving bowl with the washed rocket, endive and watercress. Gently mix.
9. Peel and halve the quail’s eggs and add to the bowl.
10. Add the sundried tomatoes and the fried potato slices.
11. Crumble the Lancashire cheese into the bowl, and drizzle the white wine and mustard dressing over the top.
12. Season to taste with salt and pepper, and serve.