CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE RECIPE AS A PDF
4 pollock fillets (approximately 160g each)
160g white breadcrumbs
8g finely chopped garlic
1 and a half lemons
1 medium orange
115g finely shredded spring onion
10g finely chopped red onion
100ml olive oil
600g new potatoes
4g drained and chopped capers
10g chopped fresh chives
5g chopped fresh dill
Pinch of ground coriander seeds
Sea salt and pepper to season
Vegetable oil for pan-frying
1. Halve the potatoes and place in a saucepan of salted
water; bring to the boil then simmer for 20 minutes or until tender.
Drain and keep warm in pan until needed.
2. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
3. Zest and juice the orange, lime and one lemon.
4. Add the zest and juice to the breadcrumbs and mix together.
Add the spring onions, half of the dill, and half of the chives. Pour in
50ml of the olive oil and stir well to make the topping. Add a pinch of
sea salt and a twist of pepper.
5. Spread the topping gently on top of each skinned and de-boned
fillet. Pan-fry, topping-side up, in a splash of vegetable oil for
three to four minutes. Season the fillets with sea salt as they’re
cooking, and move them in the pan to stop them sticking.
6. Place the pollock on to a greased tray and bake at 180°C for five to six minutes until the pollock is cooked.
7. Tip the potatoes into a bowl. Add the remaining 50ml of olive
oil, chopped chives and dill along with the red onion, capers, a
quarter of a spoonful of garlic, the juice of half a lemon and a pinch
of ground coriander seeds. Stir everything together before folding in
the fresh rocket and seasoning with sea salt.
Dish up a generous portion of the warm potato salad to sit beside the citrus crusted pollock. Serve straight away.