CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE RECIPE AS A PDF
10 pancetta slices
200ml virgin olive oil
1 garlic clove
40g fresh thyme
1 Savoy cabbage (finely shredded)
65g grated parmesan
550g farfelle (dried)
A pinch of freshly ground black pepper
50g buffalo mozzarella (diced into 1cm cubes)
35g pine nuts (coarsely chopped)
1. In a flat bottomed pan, fry off the pancetta in a little
of the olive oil until golden and crisp, remove and set to one side.
2. Lightly toast the pine nuts in the pan, remove and save for later.
3. Crush the garlic and finely chop the thyme, then add to the pan.
4. Add the cabbage, pancetta and half of the grated parmesan to the pan, mix and put the lid on.
5. Cook for approximately 10 minutes, shaking every now and
then, until tender. Whilst you do this, cook the farfalle in salted
boiling water until al dente and then drain.
6. Season the cabbage with some extra-virgin olive oil and add a little freshly-ground black pepper to taste.
7. Add the drained farfelle into the cabbage.
8. At the last minute, mix in the diced mozzarella and pine nuts.
Sprinkle the rest of the parmesan over your pasta and serve immediately.