FOR EUREST AND THE WHOLE COMPASS GROUP UK & IRELAND FAMILY, MAY MEANS MAGICAL MAY, THE MAMMOTH EFFORT TAKING PLACE IN EVERY PART OF OUR BUSINESS TO RAISE MONEY FOR VITAL RESEARCH TO HELP THE BATTLE TO BEAT CANCER.
Making the most of an opportunity to dress up, laugh, bake cakes, climb hills, cycle and a myriad of other fundraising activities is all about pulling in the cash to support the work of Cancer Research UK — and this year we’re hoping to beat all our records.
With just about everyone affected by cancer either directly or via friends or family, Magical May is a chance for colleagues to make a real difference to the work of Cancer Research UK. Thanks to CRUK’s work children’s chances of surviving cancer have tripled to 75 per cent survival rates for breast cancer have doubled and 95 per cent of men diagnosed with testicular cancer will survive. Absolutely every penny counts, so Magical May is a great opportunity to improve on those success stories.
Last year’s Magical May was hard to beat. To inspire you here’s a flavour of what colleagues got up to.
- A racecourse where catering and hospitality is run by Compass held a barbecue, raffle, ‘guess the sweets in the jar’, and finished the day with space hopper races — raising £412.
- The team at a leading global bank pulled in £207 by asking customers to donate their change from coffee and a name the duck competition.
- A jubilee cake, samosa and cake sale and raffle were the order of the day at a head office site netting £850.
- A hospital team raised £583 through a pink day and bake sale.
- Another London bank team cashed up over £3,000 through a sponsored swimathon, mountain climb, bike ride, cupcake sale, market and raffle.
We know that Eurest and Compass colleagues want to smash the record so watch this space — we’ll bring news of the fundraising totals once the money’s all been totted up.